Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still going

Despite everything else going on in life, I am still moving onward!

I have been sick yet again. If anyone has suggestions on how you stay well, I would love to hear them. I had what I thought was strep. Kevin had had it and Damon was complaining about his throat. Well, after going to the doctor, we both had infections in our throats. LOVELINESS!!! He said our allergies were draining so much, that it had literally rubbed our throats raw and caused an infection. After two days of antibiotics, it is starting to feel better.

The wind is sweeping down the plains today. And it is trying to take everything with it. Really great on the allergy front!

I have made a personal discovery that was quite eye opening, and also kinda of sad. I am glad that it happened. I just hadn't put any thought into it until a couple of weeks ago.

I posted about the pastor that I liked from St. Luke's in OKC. I think it was his ability to be different. It is so easy as a Christian to become stagnant in our worship practices. Dr. Long is very different from what I am used to on Sunday morning. It is not a bad or good different. It is just different.

I was in a Christian rut. Prayer is something that happened occasionally and on Sundays. The Bible would get opened a couple of times every other week. It was just easier to put those things away for when I thought I would have time. That was almost a year and half ago. It was right about the time that Kinsley was born and I started on my journey to becoming a virtual assistant.

As I look back, I realize how different the path might have been had God been centered where he should have been. I started listening to a Joyce Meyer's series last night. The kids were in bed and Kevin went to his fire meeting. I took seven pages of notes over 1 of the CDs. There are four in the collection. It is called "Managing Your Emotions." I listened to it, prayed for direction, and then went and climbed in bed. The most awesome thing happened: I went looking for a Christian show to watch. Joyce was on TV as she is throughout the day. But her sermon just happened to be on the same exact topic that CD had covered. It even referenced some of the same stories told on the CD.

I have had those CDs for over a year. I had never gotten through them. God knew when I would need them the most and laid them in my path. It gave me a renewed sense of strength and direction for my life.

I encourage each of you to really examine your life. Look at the things that have gone right and wrong. See if there is something missing from you daily routine. It can truly make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment