Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gym Membership

Well, it was bound to happen. Eventually, you have to shake things up! I have worked out at Paula's Elite Fitness Studio for 10 months. Even through illness, injury, and the regular ups and downs of life, I managed to stay consistent. I knew eventually there would come a time when I would have to spread my wings and fly on my own. I had actually been thinking about it for a couple of months now: Cutting back there and joining the gym in town. My friend that I work out with and I had even developed a plan: we were going to workout together at the school this summer while the kids played on the playground.

I had good intentions, but I didn't know how to completely follow through with them. You know how it goes, you feel like doing something, but you don't know how to go about it!

This week Paula gave notice that she could no longer allow children to come with their Moms while they worked out. She is making some fabulous changes in her business and needed to make that change. Kinsley has always went with me. She even has provided extra weight while I do lunges or sit ups, and she exercises with me. Have you ever seen a one-year-old do wall push ups? It is comical!!

This presented a dilemma and a fabulous opportunity for me: I would have to discontinue going to Paula's because I don't have a babysitter, and I would face one of my biggest obstacles in this journey which is doing this on my own! Thankfully, with this challenge, my previous plans were starting to become reality, and everything I had been contemplating fell into place. Don't you just love it when that happens? It is awesome seeing a situation just work its self out, especially when it is best for both parties!

My friend and I decided we had to have some way to stay committed to our fitness goals. She had been a member of our local gym years ago, so we decided we would go and sign up together. We went tonight and did it together. I am so EXCITED! I loved going to Paula's and will miss it! However, this is the next best thing! The gym is open 24/7. It has everything I could possibly need in order to workout. I can get up early before everyone is awake or I can go after everyone is out for the evening. I can go on the weekends. I can go everyday (probably won't be doing that lol) if I choose. And I get to still do it with my workout buddy and dear friend! We get to be accountable to each other and have fun together.

We even joked tonight with their family plans, maybe we could convince the husbands to join. Of course, we would have to get a sitter then so we could watch them do that!!!LOL!!!

I really feel like my life is starting to come together. I am getting to the point of when you have a goal and you can see the finish line. I am starting to see the next step in this process and how the pieces all can fall into place!

I don't know if I mentioned this in the other blog post, but I had something exciting happen this weekend. I wore a pair of pants that I had bought last summer. They were the biggest pants I had ever wore in my life at a size 18 (YUCK!) They were even at the point where I was starting to get scared if I would have to keep going up in sizes. I put them on Sunday not even really thinking about it. They were huge on me, but I went ahead and wore them to church. I had a wedding shower that afternoon, and I had to come home before hand and changed. Those slacks were almost as miserable being too large as they were when they were too tight. I spent all morning pulling them up and wrestling with them. They have since went into the bag to give to goodwill! I am going to have to start doing a lot more of that soon! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment