Friday, February 27, 2009

Clumsiness is my middle name

Or it should have been!!! I have had many such silly accidents all caused by either me being clumsy, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It is always something. In the last six months or so, I have fallen three time and hurt my legs; I burned my left arm from the elbow to my wrist on hot steam from our grill; I have thrown out my shoulder once; I have been sick a couple of times; and most recently, I have hurt my right hand. I am sure there are other instances of silliness that should make the mix, but for right now, that is all that comes to mind. I am sure that Paula could come up with more.

My weight loss is still going okay due to my recent adventure with my hand. It feels better today. I thought I had broke it on Tuesday it hurt so bad. Metal bars, ratchets and my hand don't mix well together...Who knew?

Allergy season is also in full force here in Oklahoma. All of us have had a time of it. We are all on Zyrtec with the exception of Mr. Fisher. He tries to be tough, but usually winds up more ill than the rest of us.

So how has all of this loveliness affected my weight loss efforts this week? It has. I haven't exercised since Monday. I am hoping to change that today! I have been helping Kevin most of the week outside, so that only aggravated the allergies. Then with the hand, it would have been impossible to do much else. My body is also out of alignment according to my trainer. That has been causing hip and shoulder pain. I think at 28 I am falling apart!!! At least, I haven't gained a significant amount of weight this week. I haven't been on the scale this morning, but yesterday I was only up 1 pound! YEAH!!!

I have new Pilates videos that I can't wait to try. Those with my elliptical are going to become my new best friends! I will try to keep track of the video I try along with degree of soreness/effectiveness of each one. It will be like my own personal review!

So, it will be calorie counting, Pilates, and elliptical for awhile! I am excited to see the results!!!

Have a great Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment