Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moving up in the world

Ok, not really, but sorta! Makes a lot of sense, right?

I am cursed when it comes to cell phones. It doesn't matter how well I take care of them, or what I do, I always wind up with problems. I am hoping this time will be different, but I am not holding my breath!

Yesterday, my Motorola that I have had for nine months decided that it would stop working. The buttons locked up, and calls couldn't be made. I couldn't even answer phone calls. It was a mess, especially when that is your primary method of communication with people.

So, I went to our local phone company where our cell phones are out of. They couldn't fix it there; it would have to be sent off. I needed a phone, and they would provide a loaner. I have done this with two other phones before...The outcome is never good! I usually wind up with a new phone within a month anyways.

They were running a promotion where you get a free BlackBerry if you do the contract thing and sign up for their unlimited data package. I made the decision to upgrade, and I am so glad that I did. I helped Kevin the majority of the day driving his fertilizer truck. I managed for the first time in six years of doing this to stay connected with my online world. It was awesome to have an Internet connection and my email available wherever I went today! I am even trying to talk Kevin into getting one. He has talked about getting a laptop and an air card for months to use on the farm. This may be a much cheaper solution to his need to stay connected as well!

So, for those "crackberry" users out there, you have a new member! I have used it a day, and I am hooked!

On the weight loss front, things couldn't be better! I have lost two more pounds, and I have exercised 8 out of the last 10 days. I don't remember the last time I exercised so consistently. It is starting to become something that I can't live without, which is an AWESOME thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment