Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update!!!

Well, what a week it has been! It was full of stress, joy, and SORENESS!!!

I was completely stressed last week. Kinsley had croup and had to be tested for allergies. It meant two days in a row of going to OKC and getting her taken care of. On Friday morning, we tried to get her blood drawn. It was a nightmare. She was stuck three times, and we now have to go to someone more experienced with Pediatric patients. Six months ago this would have meant: OLD ME + STRESS = GAINING WEIGHT

I have been working out hard. Paula says I have been working out too hard and need to take 1-2 days off during the week. Do you know how hard that is? I can't even believe that I feel that way, but it seems impossible for me to conceive not exercising for 2 days each week. I am so afraid the weight will creep back on if I don't. She assures me as long as I eat right, and work out hard the other 5-6 days it will be fine. We shall see!

I have spent the last seven days extremely sore. My rear end hurts like none other. I have been unable to sleep on my back it hurts so bad. We did lunges on Monday, and going to the bathroom became a challenge by that evening. I haven't been doing lunges because my knees were so bad prior to working out. I had actually wondered if I wouldn't need knee replacements soon they were getting so bad. I have strengthened my muscles in my upper legs, and they are much better. So, on Monday, I did squats and lunges. 2 sets of each. By Monday night, I felt like I had just worked out for the first time in my life I hurt so bad.

With the soreness of my legs and rear end, it has made for an interesting week. Yesterday, working out helped. It got the soreness out of my legs so that I could at least walk without constant pain. And my rear end is getting better. We determined that I was doing to hard of a level on my elliptical and thus causing rear pain:).

So where is the weight now? I have lost AGAIN!!! 206.4 this morning. I am close to the magically thirty pounds mark. It puts me at almost half of where I want to be. The goal weight is 165-170. I am so EXCITED to be halfway there! I can't imagine where I would be if I hadn't decided to do something last summer. My life would be very different now!

I have so much more energy now. I can carry Kinsley, when I am not sore, without being winded! My upper body has gain so much strength. I actually did some running while we put cattle in yesterday and wasn't winded at all. It felt so GOOD!!! I have also given up DIET COKE! It has been almost four weeks! I can't believe it sometimes. Kevin even asked if I wanted one the other night at a ballgame because I was complaining I didn't want water. I told him that I sure didn't want a Diet Coke and would drink the water. I actually went back later on and got another water:).

Paula is getting ready to start Pilates during the morning. I am excited about this. I want to attend some classes and work on Pilates at home. She swears by them. She told me yesterday that with her own journey to weight loss, doing Pilates is when she started noticing the biggest differences in her weight loss story. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment