Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sodium....Who KNEW???

Ok, I must say that after the last post two days ago, I was bummed. I had had enough!!! I knew it was the right thing to do to come to this place and post! It gave me a chance to read those words over and over and over again.

I texted Paula on Sunday and she mentioned my sodium intake yet again. I have been so tired of hearing about my sodium intake because I love salt. I always have. I have decreased my sodium intake drastically in the last couple of months, but I was shocked when I started reading food labels yesterday morning. You don't realize how much sodium is in regular foods. It is ridiculous!!!

After paying closer attention to that yesterday and drinking WATER yesterday, I felt better. I woke up and was extremley swollen yesterday morning. My hands hurt I was so swollen. I drank some coffee trying to get some of the water retention to go away. Thankfully by yesterday evening, the water was starting to come off. I have lost most of the water I was carrying around with me this weekend.

I can totally understand how easy it would be to give up. I have done it before and to see the numbers on the scale Sunday, it would have been so easy to do. I know why I have given up in the past: I didn't have a great support system. I had Kevin, and I love him dearly. However, he loves me for me, and not the way I look. He is also a male and doesn't understand how the female body works! That is what makes this time so different!

I have a great personal trainer: Paula Hendricks. She is there for me to not only workout with, but she is my go-to-girl when it comes to anything health or fitness that could be affecting my goals. She is my sounding board when it comes to my weight loss struggles and successes!!! I couldn't have gotten this far without her!

I also have a dear friend who has followed my journey up to this point. She even emailed me the other night after my rant to encourage me. And she is going to quit following me and JOIN ME at Paula's now! I am so excited for her! Right now, I know she is concerned about what is in front of her (I remember that same feeling), but I know what is ahead! She will do great and it will be fun to have her there and get to do it together!

Another great female support has been my business/life coach, Stacy Brice. She founded the profession of Virtual Assistance, started the training place for VAs, AssistU, and coaches the VAs as they build their businesses. She is phenomenal, and I wouldn't be where I am at today both personally and professionally without her!

I know this time will be different. I know I am different. I am doing this the right way with the right support and the right frame of mind for the right reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment