Monday, June 22, 2009

An Update

I have been BAD!!! I wanted to keep this blog updated once each week! It has now been a month! It has been a busy time here!!

I started out strong this summer at the gym. Then, harvest started. I am hoping by the end of the week (after ground working is over) I will get back to the gym, at least three times per week!

I had a milestone happen during harvest. Since I have posted my weight on here already, it is no biggie to mention it again! I am now below 200 pounds for the first time in six and half years! I am weighing in at 198! In a year's time I have lost 34 pounds! It has been a hard fought battle, but I am glad to see the "1" on the scale instead of a "2." I know that this isn't lightning quick weight loss that you see on The Biggest Loser, or on those TV informercials. But it is a journey that I have done myself! I can't imagine where I would be today if I hadn't decided to do something last summer when I saw 232 on the scale. My guess is that instead of being close to a size 12 I would be entering the 20s of sizes for the first time in my life!

Since starting this journey I have lost 7 inches off my waist. Anyone who has followed my story for very long and knows all of the illness, injuries and stress I have had in my life over the last year, knows that is huge!!!

Is it hard to get on here and make myself vulnerable to millions of people? Absolutely! But I want to have a record of this journey! It has been a long hard one that I have dealt with most of my adult life. I don't share any of this with people to toot my own horn. Anyone can loose 30 pounds in three months, let alone a year!

My purpose for doing this is so that people can see that even though it has been hard, I haven't given up! I am still fighting the fight. Yes, some days are easier than others! Some days, I get up and love the numbers on the scale, while other days I hate them! But, I still journey on. It would have been easy to give up and let the numbers go the other way! It would be easy to go back to doing nothing for physical fitness, and eating all that I want!

But, I wouldn't have the feeling that I have when I stand in front of mirror and put on clothes that used to be so tight I could zip them to now when I put them on, they fall off of me. I wouldn't have the joy of being able to workout and feel enegerize the rest of the day! I wouldn't be able to look at clothes now and not worry if the XL is going to be too small...I wear a large comfortably now!

The journey isn't over. It will be a lifelong one that will require my dilligence from here on out. And I still have more weight that I want to loose. I read a article the other day though that put this into perspective. It is great to have the big 70+ weight loss goal or whatever it may be, but you have to be willing to set the smaller goals! You have to set the goals of ten pounds lost! And then you have to celebrate them! Waiting to reward yourself only when you reach the big goal can be detrimental to your success!

No comments:

Post a Comment